Wednesday, July 17, 2013

String garden journey

On the 10th of July I decided to take on a new project, namely stringing plants into a moss ball (translated: kokedama) and hanging them from the ceiling. A saw an amazing precedent of this and decided to take a leap and string some myself. 
Not thinking too much about it I purchased the materials and started the "kokedama" journey on my little stoep in Arcadia. 
What a wonderful journey its been.. Within a weeks time a created 7 successful string balls and each of them carrying a unique personality. Every garden created released a sense of euphoria and pride within myself. It's been a week since my first string garden and I am truly content with my hanging collection and cannot what to string some more.
The moss balls are in trial period currently and if they establish well I can start dreaming of a little 'String garden boutique'... called "FLOREM" meaning "bloom" or "flower" in Latin.
I am sharing photographs of the journey of my stringing so far. Enjoy*










2 comments: